Iowa State at (17) Texas Saturday Noon Longhorn Network -
DE Alex Okafor #80 (SR) - The 'Horns best defensive lineman and arguably the best lineman in the Big 12. He has the ideal size (6'4 265) to be a 4-3 DE. Okafor should be a top 25 pick in April. The 4th or 5th best DE in a very deep class. He's handled the switch to DC Manny Diaz from UF HC Will Muschamp's system with great results.
DE Jackson Jeffcoat #44 (JR) - The other part of the duo with Okafor until he suffered a season ending injury recently. Jeffcoat can be inconsistent at times but overall is well put together. A top 10 DE this year if he chooses to declare early. He has impressive bloodlines as his father was Cowboys great Jim Jeffcoat.
CB Carrington Byndom #23 (JR) - It hasn't been a good year for him as he was consistently beat by WVU and OU for touchdowns. A bit undersized at 6'0 180. I expect him to come back to school and try again to better his stock.
S Kenny Vaccaro #4 (SR) - Vaccaro has been one of the top safeties in the nation despite a poor defense around him. He can play both the run and the pass well without losing a step. KV was one of the few Horns to hold his own against the high powered WVU offense. He has pretty good size on him, coming in at a listed 6'1 215.
WR Mike Davis #1 (JR) - Davis has played pretty decently given the inconsistent QB play from David Ash and the presence of Jaxon Shipley (Texas seems to have a Shipley on campus every year for a decade now it seems like). He's a top 10 WR prospect even with all the talent at the top. He's had a bit of trouble early on in his career getting it together but with his clubhouse cancer roommate (Mizzou's Darius White) out of the program, he's come back a new person. I expect him to come back for a senior year.
Kansas at (22) Texas Tech Saturday Noon NO TV
QB Seth Doege #7 (SR) - Another classic Texas Tech QB that throws for a bunch of yards and touchdowns. He's undersized for the position coming in at 6'1 197. He could be one of those late round developmental project QBs that will eventually move up to #2 on the depth chart.
Baylor vs (12) Oklahoma Saturday 3:30 pm NO TV
WR Terrance Williams #2 (SR) - Williams is a top 5 WR prospect in this class. He's shown the world that he can produce without RG3 and not having Kendall Wright as a teammate to draw away coverages. TW can make a catch anywhere on the field and take it to the house. While not blessed with freak speed like a Megatron, he's consistent like Larry Fitzgerald and gets it done one way or another.
S Tony Jefferson #1 (JR) - One of the best safeties in the class. A tackling machine while not losing a step in pass coverage. The Sooners' best defender at times. He's very instinctive and has the athleticism to back it up should his instincts fail on occasion. Jefferson will rival the Horn's Vaccaro for top safety honors.
(2) Kansas State at TCU Saturday 7 pm Fox
QB Collin Klein #7 (SR) - It's unknown if the perceived Heisman frontrunner will play or not in this game. There are reports that his injury is anywhere from a concussion to a wrist injury to back problems. As for his draft prospects, he grades to be a better version of Tim Tebow.
Gary Patterson is the best coach in the state of Texas and has been for awhile now. No offense to A&M's Kevin Sumlin, but Patterson has to work with the scraps left behind the powerhouses in the region and somehow he makes it work yearly.
Other notable games
(10) Florida State at Virginia Tech Thursday 7:30 pm ESPN - The Noles visit Blacksburg to maybe notch another victory in the march to the ACC Title game against the reeling Hokies. A Noles win clinches the ACC Coastal division for the rival Miami Hurricanes.
Arkansas at (8) South Carolina Saturday NOON CBS - An once much ballyhooed matchup until Bobby Petrino got on motorcycle and destroyed whatever chance Arkansas had at winning. Spurrier dominated John LOLZ on this day
(9) Louisville at Syracuse Saturday NOON ABC - Sophomore sensation Teddy Bridgewater helps his slim Heisman hopes and Head Coach Charlie Strong pads his resume for a bigger school to pry him loose in the offseason.
Missouri at Tennessee Saturday NOON ESPN3/SECN - SEC newbie visits a old time veteran down in the dumps. James Franklin (the Mizzou QB version) looks to add to the collection of Volunteers suffering by the James Franklins of the world
(11) Oregon State at (14) Stanford Saturday 3 pn Fox - Pac 12 North elimination game with the winner playing North rival Oregon for all the marbles soon
(15) Texas A&M at (1) Alabama Saturday 3:30 pm CBS - Can Johnny Football and the Aggies go into Tuscaloosa and do the unthinkable against a Tide juggernaut?
West Virginia at Oklahoma State Saturday 3:30 pm ABC/ESPN2 - Two of the high powered offenses meet in Stillwater to duke it out. Both teams have lost to Kansas State
(5) UGA at Auburn Saturday 7 pm ESPN2 - A Dogs win clinches the SEC East and an invite to get smacked around by Bama in December.
(21) Miss State at (7) LSU Saturday 7 pm ESPN - Both teams coming off of devastating losses to Bama meet to decide whose loss is better. Cowbells vs whatever bells Les Miles has in his head.