The Titans come into this game as underdogs, and rightfully so, they haven't shown anything on defense, and the offense has been inconsistent at best. Here are my keys to victory.
- Limit Adrian Peterson. I doubt that the Titans fully shut him down, but it will be up to Casey, McCarthy and Co. to help limit Peterson. The entire Vikings offense runs through him, so if we can limit the damage in the run game, we will force Ponder to make some throws.
- Get a lead early. This is on the offense and defense. The defense can give up points on the Vikings first drive and we can't go three and out right off the bat. Getting a lead will help force the Vikings to pass the ball, and make them one dimensional.
- STOP THE TE!!!!!! Cannot let Rudolph run around free. He is one of 3 legitimate weapons on the Vikings offense. Only three (Rudolph, Harvin, Peterson). It shouldn't, key word is shouldn't, be THAT hard to limit who the ball goes to. Or make one of the lesser Viking's WRs make a play.
- No dumb penalties on ST. Tommie and TT, I'm looking at you guys. Just play smart.
- Hasslebeck needs to get the ball out quickly, the Vikings D Line is good, led by Jared Allen. Sacks kill drives, so don't take them. That simple.
- No dumb penalties on offense. Looking at you Leroy. Stewart, you go mess some people up.
- Kern needs to keep up the good work, he's been one of the best punters in the NFL so far if not the best.
- CJ, please do well. Take some pressure off of Matty. Im not expecting anything out of you, but please, just do it.
- Limit Harvin's returns on ST. This is one of the most important things on here. Can't let the Vikings have a short field to work with. Make them earn every point the get.