I have not been a big one on doing my own mock drafts. Usually I just search for mock drafts that other people have done and comment on them. This year I am going to try and do a mock once a week with different scenarios that I think are likely.
This one is going to take a look at what happens if Trent Richardson does not go in the top 10. Let me be clear, it would be insane for Richardson to fall out of the top ten because he is going to be a stud, but teams don't value running backs like they once did.
Click through the jump for Jommy's mock draft 1.0.1. Indianapolis Colts, Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. St. Louis Rams, Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
3. Minnesota Vikings, Matt Kalil, OT, USC
I heard earlier today that Blackmon is sliding down some boards, but I feel pretty confident in these three guys being the first three picks in the draft. After this is where it gets interesting.
4. Cleveland Browns, Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
This pick is not a gimme. I think the Browns should move on from Colt McCoy, mainly because he played at Texas, but I am not sure if they will or not.
Those picks will be really pivotal for the rest of the draft. A team might panic and reach for a receiver later in the first if the three top guys are all off the board by the seventh pick.
Trevor hears Roger Goodell call this name and immediately starts convulsing.
11. Seattle Seahawks, Quinton Coples, DE, UNC
12. Kansas City Chiefs, Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
13. Arizona Cardinals, Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
14. Dallas Cowboys, Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
15. Philadelphia Eagles, Dont'a Hightower, MLB, Alabama
16. New York Jets, Mark Barron, S, Alabama
17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland), Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
3 Bama players in a row? AT'S RITE
We are going to see a lot of different guys at #20 over the next three months, but for my money Ingram is the best pass rusher left on the board in this draft.
They could also look at DeCastro here, but I really don't see them spending a first round pick on an interior offensive lineman.
21. Cincinnati Bengals, Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
22. Cleveland Browns (from the Atlanta Falcons), Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
23. Detroit Lions, Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
24. Pittsburgh Steelers, Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
25. Denver Broncos, Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
26. New York Giants, Devon Still, DT, North Carolina
27. Houston Texans, Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
28. San Francisco 49ers, Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
29. Baltimore Ravens, Zach Brown, LB, UNC
30. New England Patriots (from New Orleans Saints), Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
31. New England Patriots, Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
32. 32. Green Bay Packers, Fletcher Cox, DE, Mississippi State