Curious what everyone thinks are the Titan's top three strongest and weakest positions after the pre-season. Here is my take:
1) Defensive Tackle - based on the pressure I saw consistently up the middle and the number of negative run play yards, I am excited about what Klug and company will do this season!
2) Running Back - while the play of Harper has been above par for a rookie running back, the addition of CJ into the equation clearly puts our backfield into elite status. We now have a powerful "grind" and "gun" duo!
3) Linebacker - with the exception of the Bears game, I thought our linebacker crew performed very well. The addition of veteran Ruud supported by Witherspoon and Ayers, and the great play of rookie McCarthy positions our defense to shift from "react" to "disrupt".
1) Defensive End - the injury to Derrick Morgan combined with the non-impressive play of the other starters has me worried about this position. Let me know if you think I am missing something.. I think we need to look at acquiring another veteran DE, or at least be ready to look to next year's draft to get a quality recruit.
2) Wide Receiver - there were a few good catches out of this camp, but for the most part I saw missed opportunities dropped balls and lack of aggressive physical play. Kenny Britt is too unreliable and immature. I say we trade him at the end of this season.
3) Offensive Tackle - I have not watched the tape detail, but from what I observed from the games, I saw too many hurried throws. This may have been while the back-up tackles were playing, but if this is the case, we need better back-ups! Again, I would look to next year's draft to get a quality offensive tackle.
Now is your turn - what do you think?