With more than 30 days left before the draft, all we have to talk about around these parts is the glorious battle that is Brady vs (WOW) The NFL. You can count on this legal battle to go on all summer, but thankfully the same will not be said about this game!
The premise is simple. You take a list of some kind, in this case, NFL Teams, assign them an arbitrary amount of points, and then every user can make a post once every 24 hours stating what team they would like to "Hurt" and what team they would like to "Heal". As an example...
Jacksonville Jaguars - 10
Houston Texans - 7
////////////////////natidawg posts: Save Houston, Kill Jacksonville/////////////////////
Jacksonville Jaguars - 9
Houston Texans - 8
Easy enough. Each Save and Kill is worth a point respectively. You want to Kill teams you dislike, and save teams you like. You have two total actions every 24 hours, so you don't have to necessarily Save one team and Hurt another. You can use both your actions to give points to a team (Double Save), or use them both to take points away (Double Kill). Once a team reaches 0, they have exploded into internet space forever. Ideally at the end of this, we'll have a ranking of all 32 teams from most to least favorite, based on which team survives the longest. Obviously the Titans won't be included in this. It's simple, it takes about 5 seconds to do, and it'll be amusing to watch the teams whittle down. Pointless endeavorers are pointless, but that doesn't make them any less amusing!
If this turns out to be really unpopular then I'll just delete this post. Otherwise, I'll edit this, and we can get started!
And that's the ballgame folks: MCM's second favorite team in the NFL is Detroit Lions. Congratulations for being the superior jungle cat this off season. And now the credits...
Monkey with a Handgun (1 Kill):
- Los Blancos Chicca
- Josh Baker
- Crazy Titan
- Ice0ne (CAJ)
The Top 10 Teams: Last Updated: 3/29 @ 11:12 AM CST
- Detroit Lions - 24
- Atlanta Falcons - 19
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -19
- San Francisco 49ers - 16
- Cleveland Browns - 16
- Philadelphia Eagles - 15
- Cincinnati Bengals - 14
- Carolina Panthers -13
- New Orleans Saints - 10
- Kansas City Chiefs -9
- Baltimore Ravens: Finishing Blow Delivered by billycthulu
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Finishing Blow Delivered by rpeckham
- Indianapolis Colts: Finishing Blow Delivered by Jimmy
- New England Patriots: Finishing Blow Delivered by rpeckham
- New York Jets: Finishing Blow Delivered by billycthulu
- Dallas Cowboys: Finishing Blow Delivered by JustinS
- Houston Texans: Finishing Blow Delivered by Ch1c1tyT1t@n
- San Diego Chargers: Finishing Blow Delivered by Los Blancos Chicca
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Finishing Blow Delivered by Titans_Firefighter
- Minnesota Vikings: Finishing Blow Delivered by rpeckham
- St. Louis Rams: Finishing Blow Delivered by MikeGriffFan27
- Chicago Bears: Finishing Blow Delivered by Titans_Firefighter
- Washington Redskins: Finishing Blow Delivered by Titans_Firefighter
- Arizona Cardinals: Finishing Blow Delivered by Crazy Titan
- Buffalo Bills: Finishing Blow Delivered by Crazy Titan
- Miami Dolphins: Finishing Blow Delivered by Ice0ne (CAJ)
- Seattle Seahawks: Finishing Blow Delivered by billycthulu
- Denver Broncos: Finishing Blow Delivered by billycthulu
- Green Bay Packers: Finishing Blow Delivered by Ch1c1tyT1t@n
- New York Giants: Finishing Blow Delivered by Ice0ne(CAJ)
- Oakland Raiders: Finishing Blow Delivered by Josh Baker
It is Spreading: Looks like offseason fever is rampant for fans all across SB Nation. Someone emailed me about the possibility of spreading this game to some other sites, and while I didn't feel comfortable doing it myself since I don't frequent any other SBNation blogs, I invited him to do it on his own. As of now it looks like it has spread to the Pride of Detriot, and Acme Packing Company. I'll post links their pages here so you can see how well the Titans are liked with other fans! I do ask that you PLEASE not go and vote for the Titans in their games. This is supposed to be for true fans of the respective teams only, and doing something like that completely ruins the purpose of the whole thing.
- ACME Packing Company: The Official Hategame
- Pride of Detroit: POD's Most (and least) Hated Teams
- Big Blue View: BBV's Most (and least) Hated Teams
- Hog's Haven: HH's Most (and least) Hated Teams
- Behind the Steel Curtain: BTSC Most Hated Teams
- Pats Pulpit: Pats Pulpit Most (and least) Hated teams
- Bleeding Green Nation: The Hate Game!
- Revenge of the Birds: NFL Destruct/Construct Fan Game
- Niner's Nation: Let's Play a Hate Game (because all the other blogs are doing it)
- Silver and Black Pride: SBP's Most (And Least) Hated Teams