Shutdown Corner Mock Draft: The Titans and Georgia WR A.J. Green

I have looked at a boatload of mock drafts over the past few months.  I would say about 75% of those have the Titans taking a defensive player, Marcell Dareus and Von Miller being the most popular choices, and the other 25% have the Titans taking a quarterback.  Doug Farrar's mock over at Shutdown Corner is the first one I have seen with the Titans taking a receiver, and in fact, it is the first one that I have seen that has A.J. Green making it to #8.  Here is what Farrar had to say about the pick:

8. Tennessee Titans - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

What do you do if you can't get a marquee quarterback in the draft? Surround the quarterbacks you do have (and in Tennessee's case, it's anyone's guess who THAT's going to be) with the best receivers possible. A dominate player since his freshman year, Green and Kenny Britt would combine to give defensive coordinators nightmares.

Farrar makes the argument that a few of us have been making over the last couple of days.  If you QB is going to stink, surround him with weapons that are really, really good.

A lot of people have compared Green to a young Randy Moss.  Green isn't as explosive as Moss was early in his career, but A.J. is going to be an elite playmaker in the NFL.  You can never have too many of those.

The other option that Green falling this far would probably open up is the ability to trade down.  There are a lot of teams that are in love with Green but can't afford to trade into the top 4 to get him.  Trading up to #8 wouldn't be nearly as expensive.  That would give the Titans the ability to pick up extra picks, and they would still have a shot at drafting Julio Jones, who is another elite weapon!

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Music City Miracles

You must be a member of Music City Miracles to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Music City Miracles. You should read them.

Join Music City Miracles

You must be a member of Music City Miracles to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Music City Miracles. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker