Please use the comment section to provide your thoughts on Jeff Fisher as a head coach. Some things I'd be interested to know:
Good day Titans fans. I'm sure you've all seen the news that the Kansas City Chiefs have fired HC Todd Haley. As such, the search is on for the next guy to take the reigns. I would like to gather some comments about Jeff Fisher, as he has been cited by several sources as a potential coaching candidate. I figure who better to ask than the fans that spent 16 seasons with him. Specific questions after the jump...
- What were his strengths & weaknesses as a head coach in his time with the Oilers/Titans?
- How was his relationship with the GM throughout his tenure?
- Did he have the respect of his players? Seems there was a Vince Young scuffle a couple years ago. In general, curious to know if his guys played hard for him.
- Was he well respected by fans?
- How much say did he have in player personnel (draft day decisions, FA signings, etc..)? The perception around KC is that Pioli (GM) gives his head coach very little say in personnel decisions.
- Do you feel Fisher would consider coaching the Chiefs? It is being reported nationally that this opening could be one of the more attractive jobs for coaching candidates. KC has a young core of talented players and rising stars on both sides of the ball. To name a few: Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Brandon Flowers, Eric Berry. Additionally, KC has plenty of cap space.
- What defensive scheme did the Titans run in his tenure?
- What style of QB play did Fisher prefer? When I think of his tenure, I think of McNair and Young. KC could be in the running for Robert Griffin III in the 2012 draft. However, it is speculated that Pioli will be dead-set on Matt Cassel as QB1 and may not draft a 1st round QB. Of course, this is much to the disgruntle of the overwhelming majority of KC fans.
Any information you guys can provide would be much appreciated. Wishing your team the best of luck for the remainder of the season and into the future. CJ2K is trying to get back on track, and it appears you may have snagged a promising young QB.