Chris Johnson was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his 190 yard performance against the Buccaneers last Sunday. Those accolades are nice, but the most important thing was that he actually looked like the CJ we had seen in his first three seasons. They are going to need him to be that to make a run.
NFL copy after the jump.
OFFENSE: RB CHRIS JOHNSON, TENNESSEE TITANS
- Johnson rushed for a season-best 190 yards on 23 carries (8.3 average) in the Titans’ 23-17 win over Tampa Bay.
· Johnson’s 190 rushing yards led the AFC and ranked second in the NFL in Week 12 (BEANIE WELLS, 228).
· Registered his third career game with 190+ rushing yards (197, 228, 190) and became the eighth player in NFL history to have three games with 190+ rushing yards by their 58th career game.
· His 190 rushing yards are the most in the AFC this season for a single game.
· Johnson reached the 100-yard mark for the third time this season and the 27th of his career.
In his fourth year from East Carolina, this is Johnson’s third career Offensive Player of the Week Award. He most recently won the award in 2010 (Week 5). Johnson is the first Titan to win Offensive Player of the Week this season.