I was lucky enough to be in attendance for today's practice at Baptist Sports Park. It was neat to be out there and see the two teams practicing against each other.
Here are some things I observed today:
- Derrick Morgan was on the field today today in shoulder pads. He took part in the individual drills before the teams started practicing together but sat out the team drills. I bet he is a full participant in practice tomorrow.
- Justin Gage did the same thing.
- Cortland Finnegan did not practice but did some running on a side field at the beginning of practice. He was running really well. He might not play a preseason down, but I have full confidence he will be ready for the regular season opener.
- William Hayes came out and pushed a sled around at the beginning of practice. He had a brace on his knee and was moving well. He looks on track to be ready for the opener.
- David Thornton put a helmet on for the first time this preseason. He pushed the sled around for a while as well. I will still be surprised if he plays this season.
- Alterraun Verner continues to make plays. He picked off Matt Leinart in 7 on 7 and later jumped an out route and took the ball away from a receiver. I know Jeff Fisher isn't going to let him start, but he is making a strong case for himself. I interviewed him after practice and will have that up tomorrow.
- Vince Young looked good today. He did get his arm hit on the last play he was in and came up holding his shoulder. That prompted Fisher to stress again to stay off the quarterback.
- Damian Williams made a bunch of plays today. He is another guy that I don't think will get to see the field much, but it is good to know they have him as an option.
- Matt Leinart is not good.
Join us in an hour for MCM Radio.