Since you guys are celebrating Thanksgiving today, I figured I'd produce one of those lame "I'm thankful for..." lists. I realize we will be inundated with many Thanksgiving cliches today and over the weekend, but hey, I think we need a little optimism around here. So here's why I feel fortunate to be a Titans fan:
2) Chris Johnson. If this one needs explaining, well...
3) Chuck Cecil's middle finger. I know he's struggling as a coordinator, but his finger will always live in Titans infamy.
5) Jeff Fisher. (Insert obligatory Jade Scorpion "He's a Fisher fanboy" comment here). I'm not going to argue here why he should or should not be fired. One thing I think we can all agree on though is if Chan Gailey is a head coach in this league, and Brad Childress and Wade Phillips were previously employed in this league, we certainly don't have one of the worst coaches.
6) The Redskin game. Ya, alright, I admit that this is a peculiar choice. I'm going all-optimism on it though. Look at it this way: Jeff Fisher and Vince Young could not co-exist. It took five years for it to finally come to a head, but at least it happened now, and not another few years down the road. Again, I don't care which side of the debate you're on, but at least we can look forward to the situation finally being resolved. (Note: I am assuming that Bud is going to cave, on way or the other. One of them will not be here next year)
7) The future. If you were building a team from scratch, and I give you Chris Johnson, Michael Roos, David Stewart, Kenny Britt, Derrick Morgan, Cortland Finnegan, Alterraun Verner and Michael Griffin, I'd say that's a pretty good start.
8) Alterraun Verner. I know I just mentioned him, but it is absolutely outstanding that a Titans player takes time out his day and writes a weekly post for this blog.
9) Marc Mariani. I can't believe I went this long without mentioning him. He has been electric all year and what a pleasure it has been to watch him return kicks.
10) Donnie Nickey! How fortunate are we that are special-teams is blessed to have an
outstanding, average, mediocre, awful...Okay maybe scratch this one off...
Happy Thanksgiving neighbours.