Before I start, I'm only posting this because I just need to know. I am ready to move on, but I just want to know why the Fisher supporters are so in favor of Fisher. So here we go:
- Why are you so content with Fisher as the coach?
- Why are we giving him a pass on what he did many years ago? This is a "What have you done for me lately" business.
- After 16 years and no Super Bowls, you are not frustrated with him?
- Having not won a playoff game since 2003, you are not frustrated with him?
- Having gone 13-3 twice and lost the first playoff game each time, you are not frustrated with him?
- Having witnessed the definition of "Fisherball" right in front of your face time after time, you are not frustrated with him?
- If Fisher can "get more out of less", it's not his fault we have a lesser roster in the first place? (yeah, it's not all his fault, but he deserves blame)
- Okay, so he get's "more out of less". But we had a legitimate "contender" roster last year and went 8-8. Why not take advantage when you have more?
- You are not concerned with his relationship with VY?
- Say we replace him after the season: What's the worse that could happen? We don't win the Super Bowl again?
- Do you believe that if he were coaching any other team for 16 years, hadn't won a Super Bowl, and hasn't won a playoff game in 7 years, he would still be the coach for said team?
Like I said earlier in my questions, this is a "What have you done for me lately" business. Now, I might throw some terrible examples out here, so just hear me out for a second, and try not to kill me on this. For example, last year people were praising the hell out of Mike Singletary, saying how he was a great coach and has turned around that team. Now, 4 weeks into the season and people are already talking about him being on the hot seat. Next, Brian Billick did something that Jeff Fisher has not done, won a Super Bowl. He won a Super Bowl in 2000, choked after going 13-3 in 06, had a bad season, and now look where he is. Last, John Gruden won a Super Bowl as well, even more recently than Billick. 6 years later, he is fired. Now he is on Monday Night Football.
I'm not trying to be one of those "Fisher stinks!!" guys that I see on other websites, but I just feel like it's time to move on. After 16 years and no Super Bowls, I think it's safe to say that we gave him ample time to win 1. Also, I know the players make mistakes in games, that happens. I just think it is simply time for change. Finally, this may be awful, I've just been frustrated and this has been on my mind all day so I just decided to get it out there, so like I said earlier, just hear me out.