The Titans will be looking to move up in the draft to take a franchise QB.
I know it's early, but I'm calling it now: The Titans will trade up in the draft to take their next franchise QB. There are many factors that lead me to believe this. They are as follows:
- The Titans have plenty of talent and that will be obvious when the Titans make their final cuts before the season starts. The Titans will be cutting several recent draft picks and will be parting with talent that other teams are sure to pounce on. This will allow the Titans to give up extra picks next year to move up. It will also allow the Titans to possibly give up a high draft pick in the 2011 Draft - possibly even their 1st rounder.
- The Titans have plenty of cap room and this cap room will allow the Titans to sign free agents to help build depth, which will allow the Titans to give up the draft picks needed over the next two years to get a deal done.
- There is a plethera of franchise quality QBs available in the 2010 draft.
- Other than winning rookie of the year, Vince Young has been a total bust and doesn't look like he is going to get any better.
- The Titans are built for a run for the Super Bowl now and that appears to be a 3-4 year window and the only key cog missing is a franchise QB. I think the Titans will try to get one more year out of Kerry (2010) while the new QB develops.