With the recent Steve McNair tragedy, there has been a significant increase in daily traffic to Music City Miracles, and an increase in football fans all over wanting to sign up and participate in this little community we have at MCM. After all, where else on these interwebs can you find the comprehensive coverage of news and notes from all over that Jimmy and August West and all of our great contributors have accumulated here over the last week? Where? Could you find it? I didn't think so. So, in light of the last week, and so many new people joining up to be a part of us, I thought we could revisit what makes us so special.
- First and foremost, this is a football blog. Specifically, a blog for the fans of the National Football League's Tennessee Titans. We are here to talk football, and while we may stray from time to time with ADub giving us a little ear candy on Fridays, or DannoE keeping us up to date on the celebrity happenings in New York City, we appreciate if the topics steer clear of religion or politics. There is no way to win those
conversations fights arguments knock down drag out brawlsdiscussions, it only gets nasty, and usually ends up in censure from the General Manager.
- Let's also remember that we should treasure the fact that this is not a newspaper comment section, and we pride ourselves on staying above the low-brow "discussions" you usually see on same. Therefore, we appreciate that everyone can remember that this is a family blog, as everyone can be a Titan fan. If you need F-bombs to get your point across, then maybe this is not for you. However, we also realize that football is about passion(and I spent 13 years in the Marine Corps, so you know I have dropped a F-bomb or two), so every now and then a little language might be used that would make MrNorhtNashville blush, but let's try to keep it to a minimum.
- A few other things that will cause you to be called in front of the class are (but not limited to):
*****Anything that may be construed as racist. There will be no discussion, only deletion.
*****Any unnecessary personal attacks. When is a personal attack necessary? We'll get to that in a moment.
*****Anything,AND I MEAN ANYTHING derogatory about Steve McNair. He will always be our quarterback, and we are not naive about the situation, but this is our blog, and we make the rules. So if you have something ridiculous and inflammatory to say about #9, save it. Or find yourself a nice little newspaper comment section to go nuts in.
- Now, if you are a fan of another NFL team, you are welcome to come on over and join in the lively conversations that we have going on, but there are a few things that you should be aware of before you start. WE HAVE HEARD IT ALL.
*****If you want to talk about Vince Young being stoopid/crying/quitting be ready for Superhorn to set you straight.
*****Just quit with the LenDale fat jokes. They are TIRED.
*****You better bring your grammar book, cause if you mess it up, smashville is gonna fix it. And then he'll photoshop you. Don't tempt him.
*****And don't bring no weak stats up in here to try to prove your point, cause hal41605 is ready to send you back to where you came from with your head spinning.
*****And if you decide you just want to come in and call people names and pick a fight, well, we'll just give MrNorhtNashville back his keyboard and tell him to do his thing.
We just want to talk football and have a good time! And all get along in the process, it's not that hard.
And everyone needs to be a contributer! Jimmy and ADub don't like to do ALL the work bringing us the most comprehensive Titan coverage on the web. Got a link that everyone would be interested in? Send it to MCMAugustWest@gmail.com (I promise he'll give you props for finding it). Is it urgent that we see it RIGHT NOW? Post a fanshot! Want to post a 4 paragraph diatribe on why we chose to throw a pass to Justin McSuckins on 4th down instead of let Bironas try? Post a fanpost! The rule of thumb is, if you have a link, picture or video, or if you have to put WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSIHATETHERAVENSWORDSWORDS in your fanpost to get it to post, you should be using a fanshot. The best fanshots and fanposts will always get promoted to the frontpage! We'll make you famous!
Just enjoy yourself. And as we go into the last month before the Hall of Fame game, and we continue to mourn and remember one of our heroes, let's remember that we CAN all get along!
Please REC this if you have read it so that it will stick to the top of the column!
Editor's note: A big thanks to gramsey for posting this.
I have a couple of things to add:
- Smash has been doing a series of community projections. The more people we get in on those the more fun they will be, so please join in the fun.
- Smash has also been doing create a caption contests on the weekends. Join in on those as well. Even if you don't "create a caption," rec someone's that you find funny. Again, the more the merrier.
- This site has grown so much over the last few years, and it has been a lot of fun. Please continue to spread that word to anyone you know that is a Titans' fan. The more....wait for it....the merrier.
I have a feeling this is going to be a really special way, and I can't wait to witness it with all of you who read the site every day.