We all found it pretty amusing last April that Todd McShay would try and project where each NFL team would finish, which juniors would declare for the draft, and who each team would pick. Here were his projections with my comments at the time:
1. Atlanta Falcons -- Fili Moala, DT, USC
2. Detroit Lions -- Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
3. Kansas City Chiefs -- Matt Stafford*, QB, Georgia
4. Miami Dolphins -- Al Woods, DT, LSU
5. Cincinnati Bengals -- Sen'Derrick Marks*, DT, Auburn
6. Oakland Raiders -- Andre Smith*, OT, Alabama
7. Chicago Bears -- Tim Tebow*, QB, Florida
8. San Francisco 49ers -- Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
9. St. Louis Rams -- Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
10. New York Jets -- Knowshon Moreno*, RB, Georgia
11. Tennessee Titans -- Michael Crabtree*, WR, Texas Tech
12. Houston Texans -- Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
13. Denver Broncos -- James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State
14. Baltimore Ravens -- Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
15. Philadelphia Eagles (from CAR) -- Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
16. Arizona Cardinals -- LeSean McCoy*, RB, Pittsburgh
17. Buffalo Bills -- Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin
18. Philadelphia Eagles -- Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma
19. Washington Redskins -- Greg Hardy*, DE, Mississippi
20. Minnesota Vikings -- Percy Harvin*, WR/RS, Florida
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Ciron Black, OT, LSU
22. Green Bay Packers -- Max Unger, OT, Oregon
23. Cleveland Browns -- Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
24. Seattle Seahawks -- Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma
25. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
26. New Orleans Saints -- Gerald McRath, OLB, Southern Miss
27. New York Giants -- Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
28. Jacksonville Jaguars -- William Moore, S, Missouri
29. Indianapolis Colts -- Vance Walker, DT/DE, Georgia Tech
30. San Diego Chargers -- Auston English, DE/OLB, Oklahoma
31. Dallas Cowboys -- Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU
32. New England Patriots -- Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
Again, this is pointless to talk about, but we are entering a very slow time in the NFL so a few thoughts:
1. The Titans will not be picking 11th
2. The Titans will not pick a receiver in the first round, ever.
3. Tim Tebow will not come out early, and when he does come out he will not be the 7th pick in the draft. He is the definition of a system quarterback.
I was right in predictions 1 and 3, and we will see if I am still right about #2 very soon. It is pretty funny that he had the Falcons picking 1st, and that he had them taking Moala who is now thought to be a second round pick at best.
Overall though he wasn't that far off on picks and how would declare early.
Check out the mock draft database at Hail Redskins.