The Titans have had a great season so far, thanks in a large part to a strong running game and QB Kerry Collins getting the job done in clutch situations. But teams are starting to figure the offense out. The offense is beginning to struggle and needs a spark. Three weeks ago I would have been totally against this, but with what transpired Sunday in a loss at Houston, I think it is time to implement the LONGHORN PACKAGE. The Longhorn package features QB Vince Young in the shotgun formation. Using this formation two to three times a game would have several advantages including:
- It would give Defensive Cordinators something else to scheme for
- It would give a spark to the Titans offense
- It would ensure that Vince is ready when needed
- If Vince plays well from this package it would give them confidence in him if he had to replace an injured or struggling Collins
- It would help clear things up for the offseason, if Vince struggles we definitley would need Collins back
I know the Coaching staff has stated that they would not implement a package like this for Vince, but I think this could be the exact offensive spark the Titans must have if they are going to go deep in the playoffs.